I learned something about my son tonight. I should have seen it or known it but I never saw it before. He's "practically perfect" in every way! Not the kind of "perfect" a mom hopes for or strives to raise him into but in the ways he's developed all by himself.
He's frankly just plain "practical". No driving out of his way to surprise you, no phone call just to see how you are because if you weren't ok, he'd have heard. No extra "I love you's", cuz it's frankly understood. No extra junk, no baggage, no pounds to loose, no clutter, no nothing. He's "practically perfect".
I'll never look at him in the same way because over the course of a wonderfully "impractical" manner, I learned something new about my son. I'm glad I did, because I'll never look at him the same way, mistake his infrequent calls as something else, look for him to show up somewhere I am, or expect him to be anything other than who God made him to be. But I do love him more!
And that makes him, "practically perfect" in every way!
Very true 😊❤️
ReplyDelete