Friday, February 24, 2012

"Buck Up"

"Go enjoy your afternoon", my husband encouraged me.  It must have been at least 3 months since I've had my nails done.  Learning how to reflect back and recognize how much I'd taken for granted...years of not working, years of his employment, health insurance, income, massages, pedicures, manicures, lattes, wow, and that's just top of mind.

Oh and a budget?  WOW, last time we did that was as we prepared to marry.  I don't want to sound puffed up, I'm really quite humbled right now...  We are on the cusp of doing new, doing better and doing over.  What is this season for?  Who is it for and how do we do it well?

The end of the last season, almost snuck up on us, though we had done all the "preparation" that was required.  We dreamed, imagined, tested our theory out "sneakily" on friends.  What would it be like to live somewhere else?  Not just somewhere else "in town" but somewhere else all together....

That time of imagineering seems eons ago now.  It probably started way back as the millennium creeped toward us.  Remember 2000, it would come!  Our "kids" now 26 & 28, we're even out of high school.  Nine-eleven was counting by odd numbers not a date on the calendar that would change lives, even our lives forever!  The economic downturn, housing crisis, blogging, so much that hadn't even been common place as it is now.

Yet here we are now, in Blaine, MN, loving it, 5 minutes from our precious 3 month old granddaughter the seemingly precious reason we took the risk we did.

I have much to be grateful for.  I cherish having my nails done now as a real luxury not a weekly commonplace.  I work at a "coffee house" so I can indulge in my all too frequent "latte".  Health insurance really costs something and loosing it is something we don't want to do.  Gas costs in most places > $3.50 per gallon, and probably hurts as much as when I waited in line for it as a teenager and it cost $ .25/gallon to run though my parents "bug", the "bug" I wish I had now as my same color SUV could eat alive in gas mileage alone.

Yes, I have much to be grateful for and today a "new friend" reminded me of that.  "Buck up"

Thanks Berni!  I love you and I love the Lord you love!  This too shall pass and what we do while we're here matters much!  The boxes will get unpacked.  I'll look forward to passing the time another afternoon reminding me of His amazing love!  And in the meantime, I'll "Buck up!"  Thanks!

Therefore you also must be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.  Matthew 24:44 ESV

No comments:

Post a Comment